[Gnu-arch-users] ArchZoom, initial announce

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] ArchZoom, initial announce
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:02:39 +0000

[Trying to post in the blind mode.]

As I already mentioned, I want to implement the Arch perl class library.
The desired way to determine the best design for it, is to implement real
life applications. A web based revision browser seems like a good first
choice. It may prove to be useful for others, and lets me learn Arch
internals thoroughly.

The home page of this project, ArchZoom, is:

  http://migo.sixbit.org/software/archzoom/

It has screenshots, demo, released tarball and developement info.

The installation of this new revision browser should be as simple as
"make install", but read README. You may need to define unix_path and
home_dir in archzoom.cfg although in some cases this may be autodetected.
archzoom.cgi should advice you what to do on any problem. (Actually, it
does not advice yet when tla is not found in $PATH, will be fixed.)

Do not expect a full functionality yet. I only spent about 10 nights on
ArchZoom as of this writting, accourding to archzoom.cgi output itself:

  http://migo.sixbit.org/local/archzoom.cgi/address@hidden/archzoom--devel--0

However, it is already very functional for my own needs.

I need testers. It would be nice if someone volunteers to host the demo
of ArchZoom, since the current host has certain network/disk limitations.

If you don't like the color scheme, it is fully configurable in
style.css. Templates should be easy to modify too.

Regards,
Mikhael.