Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch backend for emacs' vc.el

From: Waldemar Zurowski
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch backend for emacs' vc.el
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:37:02 +0100

W liście z sob, 13-03-2004, godz. 13:44, Matthieu Moy pisze:

> http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Additional_20Tools
>
> Section "Emacs".

I missed that one. Perhaps it is really fresh?

Anyway - I've already seen Sasha's implementation, but I was not really
happy with it. It is too slow, and assumes that there aren't any
subdirectories. This is way I tried to fix it, but in the end I just
rewrote almost everything based on cvs' backend.

> My  dream  would  be  to  have  also an  equivalent  of  pcl-cvs  (M-x
> cvs-update RET) for Emacs, too.

Mine too, but I am not that much skilled in elisp programming nor I am
not that desperate to write it. But my 'desperation' grows ;)

So, perhaps it is not the right place to ask, but I'm looking for a host
for archive with my version of vc's backend for arch. I would prefer
wiki, if possible.

It is not complete, as I skipped some parts which are not important to
me, but it is useable and I use it for my daily work, much the same as I
used CVS backend.

Also, I affraid that it is tied to much to implementation of 'tla' I
used.

So maybe some brave alpha testers could help me to remove those
limitations :)

Thank you in advance,
  Waldemar