[Gnu-arch-users] Re: BK-like functionality (was Re: arch/subversion comp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: BK-like functionality (was Re: arch/subversion comparison question)
Date: 14 Mar 2004 21:36:17 -0500

> No, I meant something different.   Roughly speaking, a system where
> "between arch commits" you have a system that feels more or less like
> CVS (file rather than changeset oriented) and "at arch commits" just
> summarizes a collection of those CVS-like commits as a changeset.

In a similar vein, VC (the Emacs generic front end) allows the user to
create a brand new RCS archive for a file under CVS control (it should work
with any rev-control backend, but IIRC it makes some ill chosen assumptions
about rev-numbers), do some commits into it and then commit the sum of all
those changes into CVS.

It's not what we want here, tho.

        Stefan