Re: BK-like functionality (was Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/subversion comp

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: BK-like functionality (was Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/subversion comparison question)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:09:10 +0100

Colin Walters wrote:

> Yuck!  I think you are being too kind to Subversion :)  I don't see any
> advantages from doing that, and several disadvantages.

The advantage is that you get a versioned file storage which optimizes
for the relevant access pattern (access to more recent versions is
cheap, and so is access to individual files).

Of course, you could reimplement it from scratch, and you might even
have to, because of incompatible licenses.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, freenet.de, hotmail.com,