[Gnu-arch-users] Re: microbranching + automatic cacherevs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: microbranching + automatic cacherevs
Date: 16 Mar 2004 09:21:04 -0500

>>> Oh, sorry. Yes, but that doesn't help my archive be independent -- other
>>> people using it will need the other stuff too.
>> Sure.  But that might be much less important and you can address it via
>> mirrors.
> I can tell you that there has been more than one archive that has
> disapeared before I managed to get my hands on them.

But a cacherev will not help you there more than having the revision in the
revlib: it only gives you one revision.  And you can re-create the cacherev
from the revlib revision if it turns out to be necessary.

In any case, you can always keep a mirror of the parent archive somewhere
"just in case".  It doesn't have to be easily available: just backed up
somewhere safe.

        Stefan