[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Mirrors and remote repositories...

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Mirrors and remote repositories...
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:57:05 +0100

>>>>> "Miles" == Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

Miles> It'd be nice to be able to do per-hunk commits too, but that's
Miles> a much harder problem (not least being the question of just how
Miles> you _specify_ it to a command-line tool!).

I don't hink per-hunk commit makes sense in a command-line tool, but
in a terminal you can use what Darcs does: allow the user to select,
hunk by hunk (with the possibility of accepting the rest of a given
file or skipping the rest of the file), what goes in the patch
(including renames, deletes, additions, and so on). I miss that
feature in Arch, as I noticed that in Darcs I made many more small
independant checkins.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam