Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Trying out the new escaping version...

From: chth
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Trying out the new escaping version...
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:32:38 +0100

I made the changes i promised:

 versionfix-1
  accept escaped filenames on add, delete, move, id, library-file,
file-diffs, commit

the --unescaped is now not needed, and yes forgetting the --unescaped
was the error which fucked it up.

Next: the escaped version still only accepts 7bit ascii and the regex in
=tagging-method are the same defaults as before. For some strange names
one has to customize them (maybe not relevant in your case, just a
note).

To fix your tree you would have to remove the wrong inventory id's.
But since you tried a initial import its prolly easier just to rm the
{arch} and .arch-ids dirs and start anew.

Thanks for your report, I am happy on feedback this greatly helps to
investigate rough edges and work out easier solutions.

Are there more commands which take filenames than 'add, delete, move,
id, library-file, file-diffs, commit'? I just added that as proof of
concept but maybe I missed one, just notify me if something left, I will
fix that instantly.

        Christian