[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] the poetry of donald rumsfeld

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] the poetry of donald rumsfeld
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:46:12 +0100

* Tom Lord <address@hidden> [Mar 19, 2004 00:50]:
> When Kerry (most likely) wins in november -- I think that will
> represent just about 0 change in foreign policy and military policy.
> The rhetoric will shift wildly but, frankly, you couldn't ask for two
> candidates who are less differentiable than these two.  Oh yeah, sure,
> the Kerry presidency will be the occaision of some shifts in domestic
> and fiscal policy --- but those would more or less happen in a Bush
> second term too, just with a different emphasis.   (Incidentally, I
> suggest voting for Kerry.   Part of Bush-43's party role is to placate
> US's fundamentalist nutcases and Kerry can be far more effective at
> putting those nutcases in the closet.)

My angle for voting for Kerry is that I simply don't believe Mother
Earth can stand four more years of the atrocities Bush and his panel of
oil/car-lobbyists have acted upon her.  I don't know if Kerry will be
any better in reality, but he's at least made it a part of his campaign.
        nikolai (the environmentalist)

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::