Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] the poetry of donald rumsfeld

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] the poetry of donald rumsfeld
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:57:51 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 02:14:01AM +0100, Robin Farine wrote:
For some reason, I just had the impression that not much effort was
invested to prevent this disaster because some people could somehow
benefit from it.

Oh, that's silly (and the stuff that conspiracy theories are made of)...

Thank you for the illustration. Like me, you do not know anything (I hope) about what really happened but still, you seem to be able to distinguish conspiracy theories from plausible explanations, i.e. the truth from the lies. OK, I admire this ability. With my limited brain however, given the sources of our knowledge about this event, I cannot pretend to be able to say that one explanation corresponds to the actual truth, that the others are just crap produced by brain damaged people. I do not know, that's it.

Not so long ago, people were happily burning other people because e.g. they all knew this witch was responsible for the sudden death of X and/or Y. They all knew it so well that any other explanation of X's death was just silly, and so their violent acts were perfectly justified.

"There is strength in union."

Robin