Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Front page to wiki now modifiable again

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Front page to wiki now modifiable again
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:10:57 +0100

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

>     > From: Rob Weir <address@hidden>
>
>     > Do you have reason to believe that future revisions will be
>     > incompatible with the GNU GPL, version 2?
>
> Doesn't it seem virtually certain?
>
> V3 can either add or remove restrictions on copying, modification,
> redistribution, and use.  Neither adding or removing such restrictions
> is permitted by V2 itself.

GPL compatible doesn't mean that  GPL software can be relicenced under
this licence.  It means  you can make  a derived work  containing both
this licence and the GPL.

The BSD  licence is GPL compatible,  and is less  restrictive than the
GPL.

If GPL v3  looks like the BSD (which I'm sure  won't happen ;-), then,
GPL v3 will be compatible with GPL v2, removing some restrictions.

--
Matthieu