Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Front page to wiki now modifiable again

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Front page to wiki now modifiable again
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:22:45 +0100

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

>     > Release it under a BSD licence then. It is compatible with GPLv2, and
>     > will likely be with GPLv3 or later as well.
>

> I also like my code to be used only in free software.

Then why not the LGPL ?

See   for  example   :  tla   can't  use   OpenSSL,  because   of  GPL
incompatibility. Is  this really the definition of  "freedom"? Would I
loose my freedom by using a secure protocol to access my archive[1]?

Can a licence  that forbids you to use some free  software in your own
software be considered as free?

--
Matthieu

1: and no, I can't use sftp because of a firewall :-( ... ?