Re: [Gnu-arch-users] really, really slow commit / mirror with webdav

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] really, really slow commit / mirror with webdav
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:38:26 -0500

>       I figured out what the problem is, though:  squid and weird
> environment variable issues.  Somehow, I ended up with both http_proxy
> and HTTP_PROXY set (neither is set in any rc I can find).  When I unset
> http_proxy, wget no longer uses the proxy, cadaver doesn't honor either
> one, and tla honors both.
>
>       So, the good news is the problem was on my end.

Yeah, I've seen *exactly* the same thing. We all had a big trackdown
over that at the mirror a couple months ago. Though this only shows
itself when using squid, Robert Collins claims that its actually a
bug in libneon.

Rather than try and figure out how to solve the problem, I unset
/http_proxy/i and forgot about it.

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!