[Gnu-arch-users] Bounty for tla on win32

From: John F Meinel Jr
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Bounty for tla on win32
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:21:27 -0600

Well, I've been working with tla on win32 for a while now (using Leroy's cygwin port). And while it works _most_ of the time, it doesn't work all the way. [1] I would love to contribute time to perfecting it, but I am already on a tight deadline for the project which _uses_ arch.

So instead, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and offer to give some money[2] for people to have the time to work on it. I use cygwin all the time, so Leroy's version is fine for me. your port would probably also be fine if someone wanted to help him port tar to the hackerlab libraries.

I would be happy to provide bug reports and listings of my current problems with the cygwin port. I also could help some with the development, I just don't have a lot of time to work on it. Also, I would like the development to be done in the open, and as compatible with mainline tla as possible. Then depending on what changed, maybe some of it could be merged into mainline tla.

Is anyone interested?

John
=:->

PS> Please respond to me directly as well as to the list. I try to keep tabs of the list, but there is enough messages, it is easy to fall behind or miss something.

[1] Actually, I'm not using the latest version, because it doesn't work. I'm using one of his earlier versions. I believe it was his tla-1.2-pre2 cygwin patch. The newest one seems to compress to many paths, and still not enough of others.

[2] Since it is just me, it's not like I can hire a full-time programmer, but I am willing to put up a few hundred dollars. Obviously, this would be more of an iterative thing than a lump-sum payment, since I would prefer to pay as things work, rather than pay all up front, and I'm sure whoever helps doesn't just want to wait until it's all done to get paid.