Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:05:00 -0800 (PST)

    > From: James Blackwell <address@hidden>

    > My original point has been lost.

At least for me, I've filed some of your messages in this thread in
the short-list for things to think about for a while and then reply to
vs. those things that I reply to in shoot-from-the-hip-mode.   So, at
least for me, not lost -- just different timescale.

    > > Combining Turnbull's reiteration and amplification of the
    > > "source-based-distro in arch" idea with asuffield's analysis of the
    > > suitability of BitTorrent.....  I would guess we are headed towards a
    > > kind of usenet (in the old uucp sense) scenario.  A P2P-ish flow
    > > (perhaps with more redundancy than usenet/uucp) but with hand-managed
    > > topology.

    > If its grown into that, (shrug). But I meant something much more
    > simpler. I only brought up bittorrent in the first place to show that
    > one can serve without centralization.

    > > Eventually, anyway.

    > > And, hey -- let's monetize that graph,

    > Whazzat mean?

It's a hint to aspiring entrepreneurs in the arch community.

I mean: build nodes or the software to implement nodes in the arch
graph and "get real paid" (--Mobey) for that.

"Monetize" in .com-com-boom-speak means roughly, "Ok, you have a
popular web site...... now obtain revenue."

Caution: chickens -- hatched -- counting, etc.