Re: [Gnu-arch-users] transactions over config

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] transactions over config
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:29:41 -0800

On Mar 31, 2004, at 12:23, Milan Cvetkovic wrote:

The question is, can I commit using one transaction acros multiple subprojects?

No. Your subprojects may be hosted in different locations using different protocols, etc...

More importantly, if you want arrange stuff into subprojects, you should treat them as independent things. To use your example, if you make an incompatible change to a library in a configed project and update the portion of the project that uses that library, you might be tempted to commit them atomically, but you have to consider all of the other users of the library that weren't even part of that project.

In that case, I think it makes sense to change the library, and then change the users of the library.

--
Dustin Sallings