Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Hooks.

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Hooks.
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:38:03 -0500

Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
Hello,

I really like the arch hook support.  But, sometimes I commit from a
different machine and I forget to copy my updated hook script over.
Is there a way to perform "server-side" (archive-side) hooks so that
when I commit from anywhere, a hook can be invoked on the archive
machine?

Definitely not possible in the general case. SFTP and WebDav and POSIX filesystems do not provide a means to execute arbitrary programs. If you find one, you should report it to BugTraq :-)

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology