Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fast commits

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fast commits
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:24:00 +0200

Aaron Bentley wrote:

I've been giving some thought to merge lately. Thinking about how to satisfy Linus, who wants a graphical three-way merge. So far, I've come up with this:

This reminds me that, lately, I have used 'star-merge --three-way' a lot since the xxdiff tool knows about the diff3 output and, with this tool, it becomes a piece of cake to solve merge conflicts.

- star-merge is not a fundamental operation, in the sense that get, update and commit are. It's not an archive operation, in the sense that it does not produce or store revisions.

I would say that only commit is a fundamental operation then, no?

Robin