Re: [Gnu-arch-users] question about greedy library and history

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] question about greedy library and history
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:02:23 +0200

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 10:40:18PM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> I've been focusing on sparse libraries.  Are lots of people using
> non-sparse libraries?

I hardly see how that relates to the current thread...

However, _I_ use non-sparse libraries, and do so for a good reason:
that's the only way to ensure optimal hard-linking of the library.

BTW, I just added a "decimate" command in tlash which deletes 9 over 10
revisions from the library idempotently. The idempotence garantees
(along with a non-sparse library) that the decimated library is going to
be optimally hard-linked.

I think that provides a decent trade-off between disk-usage and
efficient random access in the versions (which I do not sometimes).

--
                                                            -- ddaa