Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Gnu-arch-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 32

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Gnu-arch-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 32
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:58:55 +0200

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 17:17:17 -0300, Juarez Rudsatz wrote:

> | From: Tom Lord <address@hidden>
> | Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Managing changes to projects that
> | use autoco nf/automake with tla
> | On the one hand, I'm dissatisfied with the implementation of
> | package-framework.  Not the design -- just the implementation.
> | I can just _feel_ it starting to get unweildy.   To fix it, I want to
> | get rid of GNU make and sh both -- and that's not a small problem.  I
> | want to replace them with something small enough to be distributed
> | with packages.   So, in general terms, extending the current
> | implementation indefinately is not my favorite idea, although my
> | favorite alternative is a Big Project.
>
> Have you looked at Jam already ?
> http://www.freetype.org/jam/changes.html

There seem to be *3* Jams!

The (perforce) Jam. -- http://www.perforce.com/jam/jam.html
The FreeType Jam.   -- http://www.freetype.org/jam/index.html
The Boost Jam.      -- http://www.boost.org/tools/build/jam_src/
(and all three are in debian now as jam, ftjam and bjam resp.)

Each seems to be an enhancement of the previous, at least acoording to
the respective authors. They are (except the last) smaller binaries than
gnu make.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>