[Gnu-arch-users] More archive corruption!!

From: David Snopek
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] More archive corruption!!
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:53:22 -0500 (CDT)

I really, really like GNU arch when it works!  But unfortunately, that is
terribly infrequenty for me.  Almost everyday my archive gets corrupt.
And I am not doing very much.

I have an archive hosted via sftp on a central server.  I do "replay" and
"commit" on my home desktop machine.  Then at work, I do more "replay" and
"commit".  My home machine is Gentoo, my work machine is Debian, both
using tla-1.2.  Every one or two days I have to recreate the archive
because commit or replay fails.  Here it is today:

address@hidden:~/prj/xmldoom.cvs$ tla commit
M  src/engine/Xmldoom/Compiler/Config.py
M  src/engine/Xmldoom/Compiler/SQL.py
M  src/engine/Xmldoom/Compiler/__init__.py
M  src/engine/Xmldoom/Definition/Definition.py
M  src/engine/Xmldoom/Definition/Parser.py
M  tests/parser_test.py
M  tests/sqlscript_test.py
M  utils/rnc2rng/lex.py
M  utils/rnc2rng/yacc.py
M  src/schemas/xmldoom-definition.rnc
arch_commit: unable to acquire revision lock (could not rename file.)
    tree: /home/xevol/prj/xmldoom.cvs
    revision:
address@hidden/xmldoom--mainline--0.0--patch-5

Anyone know why?  Or how I could fix it?  Please, please, I don't want to
recreate the archive again today.  It is really tedious to do this and
takes away from productive time.

Thank you.
  -- David Snopek

Satellite Computing Solutions, LLC