Re: [Gnu-arch-users] More archive corruption!!

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] More archive corruption!!
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:13:12 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: "David Snopek" <address@hidden>

    > Ok, I fixed this.  I read through the source and ended up adding the
    > directory ++revision-lock/+contents to
    > xmldoom/xmldoom/xmldoom--mainline/xmldoom-mainline--0.0/patch-4

    > Why did I have to do this?

Is there a _held_ lockdir in the directory:

   xmldoom/xmldoom/xmldoom--mainline/xmldoom-mainline--0.0

or was the lockdir just completely missing?

If there is a held one in the parent dir then it happened presumably
because some earlier attempt to commit was interrupted.   That's
perfectly normal behavior and the solution is to use `tla
lock-revision --break [....]' to fix it.

If the lockdir was entirely missing, well, that'd be very odd.
Perhaps you deleted it by hand or perhaps some other tool did or
perhaps there is a bug in your sftp implementation or filesystem.  One
should never say never but tla never does that.