Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Untagged files should always be warning

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Untagged files should always be warning
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:02:12 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 12:51:32AM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
>> Anyway, with  the strategy "Keep it  simple", I think  tla should just
>> decide once and  for all that untagged source is a  warning and not an
>> error.
>>
>> (Unless  someone can  give  a valid  motivation  to differentiate  the
>> two, ...)
>
> I'm entirely confused by the discussion, but certainly I want untagged source
> files to be _allowed_ to be an error (if `untagged-source unrecognized' is in
> the =tagging-methods file).

Ah OK. I don't know why I didn't find it earlier: So, untagged sources
raise an error when you have "untagged-source unrecognized" *and* when
your tagging  method is "explicit".  So an untagged source  will raise
only a  warning in "tagline"  mode, even if you  have "untagged-source
unrecognized" in your =tagging-methods.

But I sill  think the behaviour is confusing here. Why  is it an error
with "explicit" tagging, and only a warning with "tagline".

So, the behaviour should be

* untagged-source unrecognized => error
* untagged-source <other>      => warning

and be independant of the tagging method.

(unless again someone can give me a good rationale ...)

--
Matthieu