[Gnu-arch-users] Faster equivalent to 'tla file-diff | patch -R -o ...'

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Faster equivalent to 'tla file-diff | patch -R -o ...'
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:36:37 +0200

Hi,

After doing  some modifications to  a file, I'd  like to get  back the
unmodified file. I know I can do this with

tla file-diff | patch -R output_file

But this seems  really inefficient to me: To  compute "tla file-diff",
tla gets  the unmodified  version (either from  pristine tree,  from a
revlib, or  from the  archive), then computes  the diff, and  then, we
apply the patch.

I'd like  to tell arch  to stop at  the first step, just  retrieve the
file, and dump it on its standard output or in a temp file.

(I  need this  for  the integration  of  ediff in  xtla.el, the  Emacs
front-end to tla)

Is this possible ?

Will this be  made possible in a  future version of tla ?  (I think it
should, to make front-ends and scripting with tla more efficient)

--
Matthieu