Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Emgergency release of tla-1.2.1pre1

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Emgergency release of tla-1.2.1pre1
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:23:58 -0400

In lists.arch.users, you wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 02:41:53AM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
>
>> As such, I have put together tla-1.2.1pre1. This version of tla has
>> libneon .25.5 included. I have tested downloading with HTTP and WebDAV,
>> and they seem to work fine. Uploading with WebDAV has not been tested.
>
> It wouldn't hurt to change the aclocal.m4 so that the the correct
> version of libneon is reported.

I'm thinking that there may be more involved. For example, I notice at
configure.in calls a NEON_REQUIRE macro.

If you're willing to grab a copy of address@hidden/
tla--newneon--1.2, fix up the version, delete the resulting autocrap
and then test http/dav down and dav up, you would be so cool!

I'll file it away in the newneon branch for Tom to review when he is
back to normal. As for me, I don't have any intentions of cutting a
pre-2 unless A) another vulnerability shows up or B) the new neon is
breaking things that can be solved without making significant changes to
tla.

More mundane issues should wait until Tom is back to normal and resumes
his

> If you'd like, i've had a version that's been tested with uploading also
> (sorry, i emailed Lord privately, but was unable to get messages through
> to the list because of some mail server setup issues):

Just to make sure we're on the same page, does 1.2.0 supports DaV
uploading? That might be one of the things that qualifies.

> address@hidden/tla--neon--1.2--patch-1
> http://software.srparish.net/archives/address@hidden/

This doesn't seem to be branched off of my tla--newneon. Would I be
correct in assuming it's a branch off of address@hidden / tla--devo--1.2 ?

Regards,
James

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!