Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Graphical merges

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Graphical merges
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:45:13 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:
It's worth considering Tom's solution: break star-merge into two phases:
#This should dump the ANCESTOR and HIS trees and output their locations
$tla star-merge --dump
#You can invoke any merge tool you like here.
#This should clean up the ANCESTOR and HIS trees
$tla star-merge --cleanup

Furthermore, you'd need side info to know how files have been moved,
etc... so the "any merge tool" needs to know a bit about Arch.

No, he was proposing munging the trees so that the filenames in ANCESTOR and HIS correspond with those in TREE. My own thought was that tla could output a list of which files correspond.

Yes, maybe instead of --diff3-flags we should have --merge-cmd
so we can use something else than diff3.  That'd be fine with me.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology