Re: [Gnu-arch-users] What's the difference bitween 'junk' and 'backup' ?

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] What's the difference bitween 'junk' and 'backup' ?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:03:25 -0400

Tez Kamihira wrote:

Thanks. Yes, sure. I've read it, too. But I'm not still clear.

What part of specific source code does correspond to "safe to clobber" ?

One example would be the .# files that CVS will silently dump in your directory. I never asked for the files, and I'm happy if they die. Certainly, tla should ignore them.

What is the concrete meaning of "safe to clobber" ?

So unimportant that no one will miss them if they're destroyed.

Any better?

Aaron