Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Broken trees?

From: Frederic Gedin
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Broken trees?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:09:37 +0000

Adrian Irving-Beer a écrit :

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:02:14PM +0200, Frederic Gedin wrote:

star-merge: unable to merge unrelated trees.

In the past, whenever I've gotten this message (caveat: once? twice?),
I've just used 'join-branch' and had no issues.

If FROM is the version that you want to merge from, and TO is the tree
you want to merge into (but that refuses to merge), change into TO and
do 'tla join-branch FROM', followed by 'tla star-merge FROM'.

I obviously can't guarantee they'll merge correctly, but AFAIK,
join-branch just puts the base-0 log from FROM into TO, such that the
trees are now officially related.

Unfortunately, it still does not work even after the join-branch.
Is there a way to audit a archive in order to find any inconsistencies? I think that something has been broken in the archive but I don't know how to find it.

Regards

Frédéric