Re: [Gnu-arch-users] screwed up commit

From: Michael Poole
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] screwed up commit
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:37:21 -0400

Gurupartap Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I started a commit, then hit ctrl-C when I realized I hadn't added a
> couple of files to the inventory...now when I try to commit again, I
> get:
>
> arch_commit: unable to acquire revision lock
>
> Is it ok to just delete the ++revision-lock-held--patch-xxx directory
> from the archive?

No, it is not ok!  I tried that once and broke my archive (since I did
not know how to replace it -- the ++revision-lock directory is a
necessary part of the archive).

You should use the "tla lock-revision" command with the -b option to
break the lock for the new revision.  That will put the
++revision-lock directory back in the proper place.

Michael