Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Selected files commit

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Selected files commit
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:15:56 -0400

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't really even understand what you're worried about.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 10:46:13PM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> But the Arch  philosophy is to start editing the log  file as early as
> possible.

Huh?  I'm aware of no such `arch philosophy'.  Care to expand on this?

The times when I use selected commit, I usually don't know what I want to do
until I'm ready to commit.  For me, the best way would be just like pcl-cvs:
Show me a list of changed files, I'll select some, and then edit the log
message, and commit them.  It's all basically one step, no long term storage
or whatever needed.

As for editing the log file, I'd just pop up a buffer editting `tla make-log`
-- if the user wants to `pre-edit the log`, he'll have done tla make-log
himself earlier, and it's careful not erase any existing log file.

For projects like emacs that use GNU-style ChangeLogs, I usually use a log
file generated using my `tla-changelogs-to-log' command (which looks at the
_changes_ in ChangeLog files, and tweaks them into a friendly format), so it
would be nice to have a `xtla-generate-log-buffer-command' (or -function, or
-hook, or something) that I can override; usually this would just do `tla
make-log' though.

Thanks,

-Miles

p.s., Don't use `-face' suffixes in your defface'd face names!
--
((lambda (x) (list x x)) (lambda (x) (list x x)))