[Gnu-arch-users] Two branches, slightly different set of files

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Two branches, slightly different set of files
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 10:41:51 +1000

Hi all,

I've been using Arch for a couple of months now on my own stuff and
I now have a project where I'd like to start providing a public
mirror.

However, my normal working branch has files that I don't want to
make public (notes, small hacks, test code etc) so I think I need
the make a branch for the public version. This means that the
public branch will get merges from both my private branch and
from others who have branched my public version.

I have used branches successfully before, but never had a branch
where there are files that only exist in one branch. Does anyone
have experience of this? How is it likely to work?

TIA,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"I have long argued that the entertainment industry doesn't want
people to have computers. Computers give users too much capability,
too much flexibility, too much freedom. The entertainment industry
wants users to sit back and consume things. They are trying to
turn a computer into an Internet Entertainment Platform, along the
lines of a television or VCR. This bill is a large step in that
direction."  -- Bruce Schneier
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
Never argue with stupid people. They'll just drag you down to
their level and beat you with experience