[Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to 'update' an updated archive?

From: Amit Shah
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to 'update' an updated archive?
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 13:23:01 +0530

Stig Brautaset wrote:

> On May 01 2004, Amit wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is a very silly question, but I could find a solution to this
>> problem:
>>
>> I have an archive that has some files in it. I delete one file. I now
>> want it back.
>>
>> "cvs update" would get the file for me; however, "tla update" just says
>> that the tree is up-to-date (which it is). "tla changes" shows the file
>> is 'D' (deleted). How do I get this file back?
>
>  $ touch $file
>  $ tla file-diffs $file | patch -Rp1
>
> or
>
>  $ cp $(tla file-find $file) .
>
> or, if you have no other changes in the directory:
>
>  $ tla undo [-n]

I had tried this earlier; it just gives:

$ tla undo
* linting the source tree
These explicit ids have no corresponding file:

.arch-ids/deleted_file.id

I don't have any other changes in the directory or the tree, don't know why
undo doesn't work.

Oh, okay, after doing a "touch $file" and then "tla undo", it worked.

The other two solutions also work; "touch $file" has to be done for any of
the three alternatives to work.

I guess it wasn't that silly a question after all.

Great,
Thanks.

> Stig

Amit.