[Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] a socket file in the way causes 'tla inventory' p

From: Matthieu MOY
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] a socket file in the way causes 'tla inventory' panic
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:14:28 +0200

With the "tagline" tagging method, I get :

$ ls -l socket
srwxr-xr-x    1 me     mygroup        0 05-03 09:54 socket=
$ tla inventory
[ ... ]
error finding file id (6: No such device or address)
 path: ./socket
PANIC: arch_inventory_id

I don't know the best way to solve the problem. I suppose the most sensible way
would be to consider socket files as 'precious', and to hardcode that in tla ?

Another interesting case :

$ mkfifo myfifo
$ tla inventory

Off course, tla inventory searches for a tagline in the fifo, but reading in the
fifo is blocking, so, tla just hangs :-(

Same as above, I think fifo should be considered precious.

--
Matthieu

envoyé via Webmail/IMAG !