Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: a brief note on "delta compression"

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: a brief note on "delta compression"
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 19:31:49 -0400

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 06:15:36PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Indeed, the problems seems to be the time it takes to apply each changeset.
> There is no doubt in my mind that this can be sped up by an order of
> magnitude.  IIUC it is currently slow because it does a full inventory for
> each and every changeset

Actually from my point of view, the big slowdown is that it (apparently)
doesn't do any sort of pipelining, so fetching a bunch of changesets (plus
various signing-checking stuff) gets absolutely murdered by latency.

Oh, BTW, I'm not using a local mirror.

-Miles
--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train