Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST: lord] documentation and help enhanc

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST: lord] documentation and help enhancements
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 15:55:01 -0400

Tom Lord wrote:

The proposed format has something for "merge everything in
this version", for example.  That could be combined with a suggested
--reference version for star-merge.

It seems sort of odd to use star-merge instead of apply-delta in this context. The person who submits the merge request should have enough data to use that instead.

I'm not too crazy about the idea of naming the target version or
revision to merge into.  The proposed format talks about base
revisions instead and that seems right to me.

I'd suggest considering the target revision advisory. That's the revision that the merge is guaranteed to succeed for, so if the merger really wants the merge, they can see what it would look like.

Or you could do
$ tla undo -n $target-revision
$ tla apply-delta $begin $end
$ tla replay --skip-present

Which would stop at whatever patch conflicted with the merge.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology