Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 14:59:25 +0200

Marc Recht <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!

Hi !

> I'm currently trying to use arch to maintain some CVS checkouts
> locally before commiting back to CVS. And for some small tree is works
> just fine. But, with my lokal pkgsrc ( http://www.pkgsrc.org/ ) it's
> just fubar. The import into worked. It used 400MB++, though. But now I
> can't commit anything to tla since it tries to allocated so much
> memory (> 450MB) that everything locks up.

1) Just to be sure: I assume you mean RAM by "memory", not disk space.

2) tla itself  doesn't do so much.  A big part  of the job is  done by
   external processes  (diff, patch, ...).  Can you see  which process
   eats so much memory ?

If you give more information, you have more chances to get help ...

--
Matthieu