Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..

From: Marc Recht
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch requires huge amount of memories..
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:32:55 +0200

1) Just to be sure: I assume you mean RAM by "memory", not disk space.

yes

2) tla itself  doesn't do so much.  A big part  of the job is  done by
   external processes  (diff, patch, ...).  Can you see  which process
   eats so much memory ?

That's the weird thing, it really is the tla process itself.

If you give more information, you have more chances to get help ...

I'm not sure what else to provide, but since it's (nearly) weekend I've some time to try stuff out if someone points me in the right direction. BTW, if I limit the datasize to 400MB then tla panics, but sadly doesn't say where. Maybe I just go ahead and add some extra info to those panic messages...

Cheers,
Marc