[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Avoiding ancestor scan during get with revision lib

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Avoiding ancestor scan during get with revision library
Date: 10 May 2004 11:39:27 +0900

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:
> > Yeah, and let's add the compress-patch-log stuff to remove some the
> > temptation to delete them...
>
> Compressing the patchlogs will remove the info I need.  (I need the
> "Continuation-of:" header)
>
> Unless you mean something other than what's previously been discussed.

What I'm referring to _was_ previously discussed on this list, and
didn't involve removing any information, merely changing its form.

Basically the idea was to add user commands to aggregate sequences of
old patch-logs (and compress the aggregate), and for tla patch-log
access commands to magically make the aggregated/compressed patch-logs
look like normal patch logs.

If you're looking at the raw patch-log files instead of using tla
commands, you'd probably need to change your code to deal with the
situation.

Indeed this functionality would probably help you, since the likely
alternative to such `compression' is to simply delete old
patch-logs... :-)

-Miles
--
自らを空にして、心を開く時、道は開かれる