Re: [Gnu-arch-users] abrowse and rbrowse

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] abrowse and rbrowse
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:15:37 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Milan Cvetkovic <address@hidden>

    > What is the difference between "tla abrowse" and "tla rbrowse" ?

    > What is the reason for having two different names for what appears to be
    > the same functionality?

Abrowse is stable and does what it does.

Rbrowse will eventually replace it but isn't (last I checked) quite
there yet.

I agreed to let rbrowse into the set of commands to encourage people
to help make it a totally romping, stomping, unchallenged abrowse
replacement.   "Release early, release often" or something like that.

James (rbrowse author) first made abrowse much, much more useful than
it was.   Then, for the next round of improvements, threw up his arms
and said (paraphrased) "it'd be easier to start from scratch" ---
hence rbrowse.