Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there ar

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there are no changes
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:07:07 -0400

Robert Widhopf-Fenk wrote:

If you want that, you can use the precommit hook to prevent it from committing when there are no changes.

This is cool, everyday I learn some more nifty tla features ;c)

But, still agreeing also to the others, that the default
IMHO is not chosen wisely.  tla is strict w.r.to empty logs,
i.e. it will not let me commit if there were no changes in
the log.  So I expect it to be strict here too.

Perhaps you could explain why the defaults are unwise? What's the harm in an accidental empty commit, aside from a little embarassment?

Aaron