[Gnu-arch-users] Wiki invasions

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Wiki invasions
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:46:16 -0400

My understanding is that there seems to be a problem as of late that some
creep is coming along and putting stuff on the front page of the wiki that
we as a group don't want. I haven't seen it myself, but my understanding
is that they're advertisements of some sort.

There are four things that I know of that can do about this:

1. Nothing -- just keep reverting pages whenever the jerk shows up.

2. lock down the page with a chmod a-w

3. Set up a wiki group, and only allow people in that certain group to
modify the top page. (Somebody would have to provide information on how to
perform this)

4. Only allow registered people to modify the wiki as a whole (again,
instructions needed).

Before anything should be done, I think its appropriate for our little
arch community to discuss what action, if any, should be taken.

Regards,
James

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!