[Gnu-arch-users] category version limited to digits and dots

From: Milan Cvetkovic
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] category version limited to digits and dots
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:24:48 -0400

Hi,

Why is there a limitation in arch that the project version must only contain digits and dots?

I wanted to organize my archive this way:

project
   project--v1
      project--v1--devo
          .. when 1 development is finished, seal it
          .. and open project--ver-2--devo
      project--v1--rel1.0
          .. starts as tag from project--ver-1.0--devo
          .. includes some patches from it before
          .. 1.1 is released
      project--v1--rel1.1
          .. ...

The idea here is that I would like to have a branch of a version, rather than version of a branch.

This would let me group everything related to a specific version of a project together when I do "tla abrowse"

Milan.