[Gnu-arch-users] My notes on working BugGoo

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] My notes on working BugGoo
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 03:28:19 -0400

Hope this helps.

 ---------------------------------------
|To submit a new bug: (used by everyone)
 ---------------------------------------
1. send email to address@hidden with subject of "[BUG] bug_description"
2. In body, be very descriptive. Add information about where your archive
   with the fix is!

|To claim a bug (used by {an arch developer}):
1) send email to address@hidden with subject of "[CLAIM]"
in body:
Bug: bugnum
Bug: bugnum2
Bug: bugnum3

Alternatively:
in the subject of the email, write [CLAIM: bug#]

 ---------------------------------
|Punting a bug
 ---------------------------------
Punting a bug essentially "unclaims" a bug, and sends it back into the
unclaimed area

|Rejecting a bug (used by all)
send email to address@hidden with subject containing "[REJECT: bugnum]"
Body can contain explanation of why bug was rejected.

|Mark a bug as fixed (used by TomLord)
Send mail to g-a-u but BCC'ed to address@hidden (and perhaps
with a reply-to: to g-a-u) whose body begins:

fixed [bugnum] [fully qualified revision]

|Sending a merge request (used by {an arch developer})

Send email to address@hidden with subject line containing
"[MERGE REQUEST] Merge Description". If you know who you
want to merge your bug, then instead use
"[MERGE REQUEST: username] Merge description"

  For the body:
    1. If this merge involves any bugs, add Bug: [bugnum] for each one
    2. add line(s) with a fully qualified revision
(address@hidden/this--that--1--patch-1)
    3. have a line that says "thanks"
    4. Any additional information.

|Submitting a patch (used by {an arch developer})
1) submit a merge request

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!