Re: [Gnu-arch-users] DAG of branches a la linux kernel

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] DAG of branches a la linux kernel
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:38:27 +0200

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 16:24, Andrzej WÄ…sowski wrote:
> I suppose that what they call trees, is called tagged branches in
> arch. I can easily create dev1 dev2 and dev3 as tagged branches with tla
> (as in the "Candice example" in the tutorial), but I do not know how
> should I create a testing branch accumulating all change sets. How I do
> that?

Make a new branch, and then star-merge all the other branches into that.
Alternatively simply get the "upstream-tree" into a new directory and
star-merge all the other trees into it, not even committing from the
directory.

I don't think you can do this automatically, other maybe by setting up
arch-pqm.

johannes