Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there ar

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there are no changes
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: address@hidden (Julian T. J. Midgley)

    > In article <address@hidden>,
    > Tom Lord  <address@hidden> wrote:

    > >    > From: address@hidden (Julian T. J. Midgley)

    > >    > Aaron Bentley  <address@hidden> wrote:
    > >    > >The harm comes from changing the default behavior.  I have
scripts that
    > >    > >I run from cron that would be broken by that change.  tla isn't
very
    > >    > >user-friendly.  Scripts can make it smoother.  Let's not make tla
    > >    > >script-unfriendly too.

    > >    > A little disingenuity is in danger of creeping in here.

    > >No, a little wisdon.

    > I see no misspelt Cricketing Almanacs here...

Oh, btw ---- I don't get that.   What's the reference?

-t

----

Like my work on GNU arch, Pika Scheme, and other technical contributions
to the public sphere?   Show your support!

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=lord%40emf.net&item_name=support+for+arch+and+other+free+software+efforts+by+tom+lord&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD

and

address@hidden for www.moneybookers.com payments.

-----