[Gnu-arch-users] id comparison

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] id comparison
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:37:12 +0900

If I have two files with the "same" explicit id, except that one
contains spaces, and the other contains underlines in the same
locations, will they in fact be considered to have the same id?

I just got burnt by trying to use the output of `tla id' to make the tag
for the same file in another project, because the copied tag included
the "x_" at the beginning (it's annoying that the input and output
formats are different, but...); I'm fixing it up now, and notice that
the space vs. underline issue is the other difference, and am wondering
if I can just leave the as underlines without problem (seems safer)...

Thanks,

-Miles
--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"