Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: FEATURE PLANS: pruning instead of configs

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: FEATURE PLANS: pruning instead of configs
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 23:18:36 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    > Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:
    > > Of the proposed features, things like "merge request headers" come the
    > > closest to being itla material vs. tla core.   Perhaps the core could
    > > have just some lower-level hooks and the behavior of `tla commit
    > > --announce' could be pushed up to itla level.

    > I must admit, the idea of tla sending email sounds a bit over the top...

I'm of two minds, frankly.

On the one hand, yes, obviously I agree --- that seems confused in the
same sense that it's a joke that GNU `hello' would include a mail
reader.

On the other hand .....

There's "arch core" and the things you can do with it.   Within that
space I _think_ there's a few patterns of usage that are wildly useful
and, in fact, so useful that most users should use them.   So maybe
support for those patterns should not only be built-in to arch, but
built-in in a form that encourages their usage.