Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] simple selective undo

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] simple selective undo
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:03:41 +0100

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 09:39:17AM +0300, Jani Monoses wrote:

> address@hidden/tla--imho--1.3--patch-6
> thanks

Stomp on this before people start blindly duplicating it. The above
does nothing useful and wouldn't be the right syntax even if something
like this were supported.

There is presently *no* support for formally describing what
changesets are included in a merge request. The body of the mail is
presently expected to contain some human-readable description.

The primary thing necessary for me to implement something along these
lines is a solid plan for describing merges in a form which can be
automatically applied. I should be able to construct a project tree
automatically, using nothing but the data in the merge request,
because I intend to do just that. Nobody's *really* sure what this
entails just yet and I haven't had time to investigate. This may be a
precondition for commit --announce.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |