Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] feature plan -- downstream branches

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] feature plan -- downstream branches
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:21:46 -0400

Tom Lord wrote:
[stuff about namespaces and ancestry]

What do you think of having star-merge follow ancestry rather than namespaces for finding the common ancestor? I find it strange that I if I branch my upstream, I can't star-merge from the new branch. That would also ensure that it supported mixed versions. For my uses, it would also get rid of --reference.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology