[Gnu-arch-users] =partner-versions

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] =partner-versions
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 12:16:30 -0400

Harald Meland wrote:
[David Allouche]

I'm under the impression that tla reserves the double-prefix-char
filenames for its own use; hence, aba and friends ought to use names
like "+merge-sources" rather than "++merge-sources".

I guess that's my cue:

Mattieu Moy (one of the xtla authors) and I have been discussing a common standard for describing partner-versions; related trees that are suitable for merging with. Here's what we've come up with:

{arch}/=partner-versions is a file that contains one or more partner-versions. It contains one or more fully-qualified version names, separated by newlines. This listing may contain the tree-version.

Questions:
Q: Why a source file?  Why may it include the tree-version?