Re: [Gnu-arch-users] =partner-versions

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] =partner-versions
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:30:02 -0400

Miles Bader wrote:
On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 05:09:21PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
there's no general way of detecting conflicts. (As you well, know, they don't always generate .rej or .orig files.)

I'm not sure what you mean; _explicit_ conflicts (where a "C" gets printed)
always generates a .rej file as far as I know.  Certainly the presence or
absence of .rej files has always been a reliable indicator in my experience.
Do you have a case in mind where it's not?

star-merge --three-way produces inline conflict markers, not orig/rej.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology